Invitation by Jobst Bittner
Last year went down in history as the 70th anniversary of the founding of the State of Israel. America moved its embassy to Jerusalem. Fire kites burned Israeli fields and forests. Tens of thousands of Palestinians threatened to cross the border on “Nakba Day” and intrude into Israel.
On the same day – May 15, 2018 – 6000 participants walked through Jerusalem at the March of the Nations. Hand in hand, Jews and Christians proclaimed: “Israel, you are not alone! We stand together with you in friendship”. The shared joy, celebration and commitment to friendship were unique. At the closing ceremony, a Holocaust survivor held a torch and symbolically passed it on to a new generation. This torch carries a message: “Please continue! Raise your voices together and be a light!”
The March of the Nationsin Israel continues in 2019! It will take place on June 18-20, 2019and will contain all the elements of 2018. This year, it is limited to 500 international participants – and it will be even better, more personal and more diverse. That is why we call it the March of the Nations compact. Jews and Christians from Israel and the nations come together to be part of a unique and fascinating calling.
The March of the Nations compact in Israel is part of the March of Life Movement, which this year alone will mobilize tens of thousands of people to make a visible statement for Israel on the streets of their cities in Latin America, the USA, Poland, Austria, Switzerland, Germany and many other countries.
What is so special about the March of the Nations compact?
The Conference in Jerusalem
Jerusalem has a special significance and calling as the eternal capital of Israel. Therefore we will hold our preparation conference on the premises of Beit Shmuel with a view of the Old City walls with the Jaffa Gate and the Citadel of David.
The March of the Nations in Cities in the South, the North and in the Center of Israel
The locations of the Bible were sites of events in God’s redemptive history that are significant for the whole world – just think of Bethlehem, Nazareth and Jerusalem. Often people from other countries have adopted these names for their cities or streets to make it clear that biblical history is present in their faith.
fLTR Kfar Saba, Netanya, Tiberias
Why is the March of the Nations compact not going to take place in Jerusalem, but in other cities of Israel?
- Because Israel’s cities are places of real life and lived promise.
- Because each city is a unique symbol of an economically prosperous and strong Israel.
- Because there will be very special personal encounters with Holocaust survivors and representatives of society.
- Because this is where the voice of remembrance, reconciliation and friendship of the March of the Nations will be heard.
- Because the people shall know that they are not forgotten by the nations.
- Because the March of the Nations 2019 compact can help to make the promise found in the Prophet Isaiah come true even more for each city in Israel. “Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins and will raise up the age-old foundations; you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls, Restorer of Streets with Dwellings” (Is 58:12; NIV).
- Because at a time when Israel is under attack every day and still has to fight for its very existence, we proclaim peace and friendship through the March of the Nations 2019 compact and are light together! “He will proclaim peace to the nations. His rule will extend from sea to sea and from the River to the ends of the earth” (Zech 9:10b; NIV).
- Because Jesus said: “You will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes” (Mt 10:23b; NIV).
I am looking forward to seeing you in Israel in June 2019 – at the conference in Jerusalem and at the Marches in various cities in Israel. Register quickly because, as I said, the places are very limited.
Best regards and blessings from Tübingen